You will find Varus AP far more effective after trying out all three playstyles
In Wild Rift mid-patch 1.1, Varus has been buffed including increasing base movement speed and his 2nd ability, Blighted Quiver. However, many players who choose the traditional build will find Varus is not strong enough. As for the PC version, the AP Varus time was proved to be extremely powerful in gameplay. As well as for the mobile version, this playstyle becomes very effective in which it grants him a place in the current meta.
The two starting items that need to be built are the Dagger and the Gluttonous Greaves, which allow Varus to farm better and stay safe during laning phase. The next items shall include:
- Nashor’s Tooth: provides attack speed.
- Awakened Soulstealer: additional AP and mana.
- Infinity Orb: increasing ability damage on champions with 75% or more health.
- Stasis Enchant: you will stand outside to poke the enemy so Stasis Enchant will be better than Quicksilver Enchant.
- Rabadon’s Deathcap: provides burst AP damage.
- Void Staff: offers magic penetration, this item should be used instead of Morellonomicon since the (3) Hails of Arrows already has grevious wound effect.
- Conqueror: deals additional 10% magic damage to enemies if having enough stacked.
- Fleet Footwork: healthier laning phase, use this rune when you have to deal with a counter match. It provides heal when reaching 100 stacks of mana; increases movement speed by 20% for one second while attacking the target.
Counter and countered
- AP Varus wins lane when facing with short-range, weak-blooded champions and plays defensively such as Soraka, Nami, Jinx, Vayne.
- Varus was countered when he met poke champions like Ezreal, zoning like Miss Fortune, or tank supports like Braum, Alistar, …
- The other matchups are moderate difficulty or depending on personal skills (Ashe and Kai’sa).
Since the launch of Wild Rift Open Beta, Varus has rarely been picked and overshadowed by most ADCs. This is the moment that the Ionia marksman stood up and took a seat in the meta.