An extremely interesting data about League of Legends 6 years ago, then Meta game was very different from now.
These are the numbers recorded by the LoL community on April 14, 2013 (6 and a half years ago). At this time, the MSI tournament has not appeared yet. Do you know what League of Legends looked like in this period of time?
– League of Legends had 112 champions, Zac was the most recent champion at that time. (Currently we have 148 champions, which means that about 5 new champions are releaseded annually).
– The champion with the highest win rate in ranking was Rumble with 55%. (Right now, people don’t seem to play Rumble anymore).
– The champion had the highest selection rate was Caitlyn: 43%. (At that time, her long-range “arm” and Attack Speed were not nerfed).
– The champion with the lowest win rate is Karma: 38%. (Later Karma was reworked).
– The champion with the lowest selection rate was Urgot: 0.65%. (Happily, Riot Games have finally remade this “crab”).
– There are no black-skin champions yet. (Lucian debuted in August 2013, perhaps this statistic has struck Riot Games).
Pulsefire Ezreal before and after
– Corki and Cho’gath were the champions with the most Legendary Skin: 2
– Annie and Ryze had the most skins: 9 (Lux must be the one now).
– Meanwhile there was only 1 Ultimate Skin: Pulsefire Ezreal.
– There were 4 maps, which are Proving Grounds (the map that you practice when you just created the game), Summoners Rift, The Crystal Scar and Twisted Treeline. Howling Abyss map is about to debut.
– There were 3 game modes: 5 vs 5, 3 vs 3 and Pirates.
– The current Meta game was 1 Top, 1 Jungle, 1 Mid, ADC and Support. (This meta has not changed so far).
– The upcoming update features: Replay, ARAM minister rotation, ARAM rank queue.
– Client game is still using the Adobe AIR toolkit. (Now the new Client is much smoother).
– NA LCS and EU had 8 teams participated.
– World Elite (China) was the strongest team in the world right at that moment. (Until Worlds 2013, Korea officially dominated League of Legends).
WE qualified for IPL5 and the Season 2 World Championship in May 2012
– EG and Gambit were the two teams with the most consistent line-up.
– TSM has yet to win against Korean teams.
– League of Legends has not yet been broadcast on television. (Now this has become popular.)
– League of Legends has not been considered as a sport in the Olympics. (Until now, Asia region has brought League of Legends to Asiad.)
– Teemo has not been removed from the game. (He’s still there, guys).
– Pingu penguin has not been released yet. (It is now in the Team Fight Tactics mode).
– Urf sea cow has not been released (this is the Urf champion that Riot Games intended to do, not in URF mode).