Ray ‘RayYonggi’ Williams, tasked with improving Sivir, announced that the changes are coming to the PBE. Changelogs and a clip of Sivir’s new W in action were included.
Changelogs for Sivir
- Mana reduced from 325 + 50 per lvl to 300 + 40 per lvl
- Mana regen reduced from 8 + .9 per level to 6 + .8 per lvl
- AD changed from 63 + 3 per lvl to 58 + 3.3 per lvl
- Base HP reduced from 632 to 600
- AS growth increased from 1.6% to 2%
- Now decays over 2 seconds instead of flat 2 seconds
- MS increased from 45 – 60 to 55 – 70
- Base damage changed from 35 – 95 to 15 – 115
- AD ratio reduced from 70% – 130% to 70% flat
- Cooldown increased from 7 seconds flat to 12 – 10
- Cast time now scales .25 to 0 seconds based on attack speed
- Damage is now increased by crit chance, up to 100% bonus damage
- Mana cost reduced from 70 – 110 to 55 – 75
- Missile speed changed from 1350 both ways to 1450 outwards and 1200 inwards
- Buff duration changed from 3 attacks to 4 seconds
- Now grants 20% – 40% bonus AS
- Now limited to 7 bounces per richochet
- Can now bounce back to targets already hit
- AD ratio reduced from 30% – 90% to 30% flat
- Bounce range increased from 450 units to 500
- Mana cost reduced from 75 flat to 75 – 55
- No longer refunds mana
- Now heals her for 60% – 80% AD + 50% AP
- Now procs her passive
- Mana cost increased from 0 to 40
- Cooldown increased from 22 – 10 seconds to 22 – 14
- No longer grants AS or initial big burst of MS
- Still has the lower amount of MS
- Duration increased from 8 seconds flat to 8 – 12
- Refreshes on takedowns within 3 seconds of damaging
- Auto attacks now reduce her ability cooldowns by .5 seconds during ult
*These numbers are not final but do reflect direction
Philosophy behind the new Sivir design
Rayyonggi was kind enough to elaborate on the intents behind the update. New Sivir will be weaker in early game.
RayYonggi decided against letting Sivir’s W apply on-hit effects
Sivir is not meant to be a generic pick-every-game champion
The intent behind the new Sivir seems to be well-received, but some are concerned about her numbers. Her early game got massively nerfed, and her low stats make her too squishy and low in dps. Sivir went from a long range Q nuker to a short-range DPS dealer that wasn’t competitive enough with other ADC judging by the stats.
Luckily the numbers are still subject to changes and the testing from PBE will certainly improve on the mid-scope update.
What do you think about the upcoming changes to Sivir? Let us know in the comments!
You must log in to post a comment.