It seems the Volibear rework has entered its final stages before being put on the PBE test server – Volibear rework
After Fiddlesticks was reworked, the next champion that gamers expected to “makeover” was none other than Volibear. Previously, designers working directly with this project also revealed some small details, but basically, we still do not know anything about the new Volibear other than imagining that this Bear will be brave, more powerful.
And most recently, a gamer looking through the files of the PBE server discovered the first animation of the new Volibear. He then posted the video on the Reddit forum and the community was excited about the discovery. Many people believe that this is just an easter egg installed in League of Legends, most likely to be a teaser of Riot Games in the near future, the location is probably a map of Howling Abyss for the right story.
As Riot’s designers have shared, their goal after the Volibear rework will be to improve the appearance, add some effects and make this bear’s skill set become smoother and make it for gamers more satisfied when using. This is also the biggest problem of the current Volibear when the skill set is too simple and the appearance is a bit grimmer than the mightiness of a demigod.
The good news for gamers is that with the launch of Volibear, Riot will create another skin for this champion and gamers can own it for free with the simple requirement that they already own Volibear before that. In the history of Riot Games, only Gangplank and Miss Fortune are the favoured champions to launch new outfits during the rework. Who knows, maybe we’ll have something like an event of Gangplank and Miss Fortune before Volibear “rework”.
To the people that think it looks weird, this is just his ingame easter egg, he will probably be hidden somewhere in the map looking at us. This is why his model and animations looks kinda off.
Ready for the Johnny Bravo Volibear skin
Looks like he might be replacing shopkeeper for the Easter egg
Wait…that looks weird. I mean i know he’s top-heavy but not THAT top-heavy
Probably gonna look better from a top down view. Also he’s obviously standing behind something that’s hiding his legs from view.
- It’s modelling magic. Because LoL is top down, most champions look scuffed from a frontal perspective while they in motion. Sett for instance doesn’t look at his opponent when seen from his frontal view, he’ straight up looking at the sky, however from the top view it seems like he’s just putting on airs and is still looking at the enemy.
- The same applies for Senna when she uses skills or AAs, senna has quite some…assets, and because they want to preserve those assets while she’s using her skills, they warp the model and her assets becomes huge and waist becomes like a stick, of course the reason for all of this is game integrity, if the silhouette of champions change during their animations, it can screw up comp, so by animating in such a way that specific characteristics are kept constant throughout every champ and skin, they keep the silhouettes constant. This is why even though Mecha sett is almost indistinguishable from his base, you still know it’s him, the silhouette is preserved.
That looks a bit off from the shots that were released by Riot. Whats going on with his lower half?
- The animation looks like he’s leaning on something and looking. So perhaps he’s outside of the map, leaning over a wall looking in. Which would explain his squished bottom half, as you won’t see it in-game.
- Idk, but it’s limited as an in game easter egg like the Fiddle one. So it doesn’t have everything yet, we need to wait and see
- Looks like he’s in a bush, and peeking out of it to me! Or something similar to that?
- Most league characters look wack from the front because the animators design the amodel and aninations for top-down viee first and foremost
Information From: Reddit