SN victory over G2 was offcially confirmed despite of all the rumours…
After more than 44 minutes of incredibly intense competition, the tie-breaker for the lead of Group A Worlds 2020 between Suning and G2 Esports concluded with the final win in favor of the Chinese representative. While Bin’s Gangplank took the spotlight in the final combat with a three-barrels combo that finishes the entire match, there’s another situation that has raised countless concerns and discussions among communities all around the world.
This controversial situation took place in the 15th minute of the match, at which point Caps had predicted SofM’s movement, he Flashed and used the Q+E combo, which blew 60% of Graves HP away.
Take a look closer at the Graves’ W bug through SofM’s proview
However, what worth mentioning is right after that, Caps’ Syndra used his (R) Unleashed Power against Graves, the damage looks like it was not absorbed any at all. As for SofM, as soon as the stun duration is over, Graves also Flashes to use W on Caps and even deal some damage in reverse.
The fact that Syndra’s Ultimate didn’t deal any damage to Sofm had put Caps at a huge disadvantage, he then got taken down after Bin joined the fight. That was also when all the discussions around the mentioned situation started.
Theoretically, Graves’s (W) Smoke Screen can’t deny damage from other abilities such as Syndra’s R, while in the play, Graves took so little damage from Syndra Ultimate, as well as the fact that she is standing in his W – which led to some conclusions that there might be a bug that enables Graves’s W to deny damage from Syndra’s R.
After the theory became popular overall communities, certain players had checked it out themselves to confirm whether this is a new bug or not, and if it was true that Sunning had taken advantage in the Tie-Breaker with this bug. But strangely, this didn’t happen during the test, no bug was found while players tried to simulate the situation, which led to the real question: Where did all the damage from Syndra’s R go?
Shakarez – Riot Esports Content Producer for LEC has posted a Tweet about this situation. He claimed that there wasn’t any bug in the situation, the reasons for this can be because:
- Caps didn’t have any Magic Penetration at the moment, why SofM had Mecury’s Tread and Challenging Smite, which provided him 75 Magic Resistance (Base stat Included) and 20% reduced damage.
- Caps were at level 10, which means his Ultimate was at Level 1, alongside the number of items he had at the moment, his Ultimate can only deal 90 damage + 30 damage from items per Sphere, led to a total of 484 damage for all 4 Spheres.
With all the mentioned elements combined together, at the time, Graves only had to take 220 damage from the R.
The fact that Sofm quickly Flashed toward Caps and used Challenging Smite helped him survive the situation, as well as he was using Fleet Footwork, which also allows him to heal a significant amount of HP when dealing damage. In this situation, it was his reaction that helped Sofm outplayed Caps and together with his team, took the 1st place for Group A at Worlds 2020.
Here is some experiment that was taken by Korean League Reddit in the last match between G2 and Sunning:
- I’m diamond syndra player and it was a ult bug(https://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=leagueoflegends3&no=10484306&_rk=JRL&exception_mode=recommend&page=1)
- Bug controversy, Syndra ult in high quality(https://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=leagueoflegends3&no=10484277&_rk=eYK&exception_mode=recommend&page=1)
- Syndra ult slowed 10 times(https://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=leagueoflegends3&no=10484130&_rk=Zxh&exception_mode=recommend&page=1)
- Syndra ult slowed 4 times(https://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=leagueoflegends3&no=10483751&_rk=Hc2&exception_mode=recommend&page=1)
- It looks like a syndra ult bug(https://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=leagueoflegends3&no=10480198&_rk=urT&exception_mode=recommend&page=1)