Although Karma is now relatively flexible when she can work well in every lane, Riot seems to be unpleasant with her.
Karma was originally created as a Support champion specializing in buffing and harassing in laning. However, she has been beloved throughout season 11, but the difference between her in pro leagues and ranked is apparently large.
According to some statistics in patch 11.15, 91.2% of her picks were for Support and the rest of them were the other lanes. Meanwhile, the percentage of Support, Mid, Top Karma in pro leagues was 44.28%, 32%, 22% respectively.
Nevertheless, her win rate was always under 50%, a moderately low one. As a result, Riot is beginning to buff her as a Support and nerf her in other lanes. The first adjustments have come to the PBE server and are scheduled to come to the live ones in the upcoming patch 11.16.
After these changes are applied, Mid Karma will probably be still alive, but the Top one will be kicked out. Besides, she will become a frightening buffing machine in bot lane.
Karma’s updates in patch 11.16 (PBE server):
Passive – Gathering Fire:
- The R’s cooldown reduction increases from 2-5s to 5-7s.
Basic attacks reduce R’s cooldown.
Q – Inner Flame:
- Base damage declines from 90/135/180/225/270 to 70/120/170/220/270.
- Cooldown goes up from 8/7.5/7/6.5/6s to 9/8/7/6/5s.
- Mana cost decreases from 55 to 45.
E – Inspire:
- Shield increases from 80/120/160/200/240 to 80/125/170/215/260.
- Additional MS changes from 40/45/50/55/60% into 40% at all levels.
R – Mantra:
- Q (upgraded): Upgraded damage rockets from 25/75/125/175 to 40/100/160/220.
- E (upgraded): Additional MS for nearby champions adjusted from “equal to the main target” to “30% of the main target“.