Riot announced they would release 120 new skins in 2020. So far it’s not enough, after seeing the revealed of the completely new skin universe Spirit Blossoms. We have a theory that Ahri, Yone, Kindred, and Lillia will end up receiving a new skin.
Recently, at Online Anime Expo Lite, during a panel on the ‘History of Skin Thematics in LoL’, in which the studio talked about the game’s anime-style cosmetic offerings. In the end, Riot shared a teaser for the new alternate universe – Spirit Blossoms. We can not watch that clip again now because it’s now set to private but Riot influencer manager Mel Capperino-Garcia has tweeted 2 images on Twitter. Even though Riot gave away very little about the skin line so far other than its general theme, but the images paint a picture of another anime-inspired range, which seems will have a strong link with nature.
So far, in our opinion, Ahri, Yone, Kindred, and maybe Lillia (her existence isn’t officially confirmed at this point), but she seems to tie into this theme. The reasons behind our ideas are because we were reminded of the short story Perennial which mentioned Spirit Blossoms.
The story itself features 3 spirits which we think will have skins representing them in the upcoming Spirit Blossoms universe:
- The Gatekeeper: Described as one who guides spirits through the spirit realm to peace, commonly be known as female and a fox. We think Ahri will be chosen. However, in the story, some people thought The Gatekeeper could be a fox, or a dog, or perhaps a leopard.
- “Long ago, the world was perfectly balanced. The people, the animals, and the spirits were at peace. The Gatekeeper had led many many spirits through the spirit realm to peace and happiness.”
- “Wait, The Gatekeeper? You mean the Fox.”
- The Collector: Described as male. After seeing how many spirits the Gatekeeper had, The Collector grew jealous of her. It created 2 swords from his jealousy and obsession. Furthermore, there’s a tale in the story about two brothers who found out the swords. This might be Yone if he is the masked assassin being released, as he wields 2 swords, as seen in his LoR Card, and also the tale might match the relationship between Yone/Yasuo’s lore.
- “The Brothers were the best of friends, perfectly loyal to one another and understanding of their roles in the world.”
- “One spring, they found two sword-saplings growing in the forest. Neither of the Brothers had ever seen a tree grow so shiny, or so sharp. Together, each shouldering one to bring back to their home.”
- “Little did they know that this would be the last thing they would ever do together as Brothers while they remained alive. For as they walked home, the strange sap from the swords began to flow onto their necks, filling them with horrible thoughts and feelings… those of the Collector.”
- The Taker: Even though the appearance of The Taker doesn’t match Kindred at all, still, Kindred is the symbol of death and The Taker was always there at the moment of every death.
- “But the Taker is the one who is actually there when a person dies.”
- “It was intricate, with large ornate horns and eyes that twisted down the face into a wicked grin. This was the face of the Taker, the little girl who was there at the moment of every death.”
The last but not least, Lillia, the new Jungle Champion of LoL. In one of her leaked voice line, there is a worth-mentioning one: “Poor lost spirits beckoning to bloom…”, “I’ve been waiting for you.”.
Riot says we can expect to find out more (July 7), we will update for more ìnformation about what the line will bring and which Champs will be receiving a new look.
Read more about the next champion – Lillia.