Joe “New001” Tung, Executive Vice President of League of Legends, is parting ways with Riot Games.
You may recognize him as “Good News Lee Sin” or “New001,” but he was mostly known as the face of “Riot Pls.” He monitors the development and publishing of League of Legends, League of Legends: Wild Rift and Teamfight Tactics. He parted ways with Riot to form and concentrate on his game studio.
Recently, Joe Tung tweeted a letter stating that he’s about to leave the Riot Games. In this letter, he says that he will be “Starting a new game studio from scratch”:
Before Riot, Joe was Bungie’s executive producer, working on titles including Halo 3, Halo: Reach, and Destiny. He brought his wealth of game production experience to Riot and helped usher the team through its adolescent growth spurts and into adulthood. He got so many community nicknames to list along the way, but Good News Lee Sin is still his favorite.
Joe Tung’s Contribution
- Riot Pls: Dynamic queue, sandbox, and League 2016
- Riot Pls: Dev priorities and the League client
- Riot Pls: Ranked Pls
- Riot Pls: Ranked Pls – 2017 Season Ranked Changes
- Riot Pls: 2017 Dev Plans
- Riot Pls: Runes Reforged and Honor Update
- Riot Pls: Leveling, IP, and Rewards
- Riot Pls: 2017 and Beyond
- Riot Pls: Competition and New Players
- Riot Pls: The Meta and Beyond
- Riot Pls: Teamfight Tactics and Death Recap
- Riot Pls: 10th Anniversary Edition
- A Message From Joe and the League Dev Team
- COVID-19 Charity Fundraiser Announcement
Thank you Joe Tung, for all your contribution! The League Community will always remember you! Farewell, good luck on your new adventures!