Riot Games announced they will donate 100% proceeds from Taliyah’s Star Guardian skin between July 28 and August 29 to the Riot Games Social Impact Fund.
Riot Games Social Impact Fund
Excerpt from Riot’s official website:
“The Riot Games Social Impact Fund is an independent entity separate from Riot Games the developer and publisher. It is also structured in such a way that all funding must be used to pursue positive social impact in our areas of focus.
- The Social Impact Fund allows us to be more strategic with how we invest, deploy funding, and partner with a wider variety of organizations in pursuit of accelerating positive social change.
- This new structure also allows Riot to be more creative with how we engage and partner with others globally. To solve some of the most intractable problems today, we simply can’t do it alone.
- We’ll continue to support organizations focused on solving meaningful problems for our communities, pursuing bold ideas, and prioritizing equality for the disadvantaged.
- Additionally, this will allow Riot to scale up players’ impact in a multi-game world while being able to involve more of our community. All of our future in-game fundraisers will be supporting the Social Impact Fund to pool our resources together to make the greatest impact possible.”
The Fund focuses on 3 areas:
- Education: To provide and expand access to STEAM education and Social & Emotional Learning (SEL) to prepare students for jobs in the future economy.
- Citizenship: To encourage, build, and protect inclusive and supportive communities in-person and online.
- Opportunity: To support people from all backgrounds to live an equally just, healthy, and happy life so that they can realize their potential.
Whether you’re an Taliyah fan or looking to donate to charity and still get a cool skin, check in with Riot Games store on July 28.
The Star Guardian 2022 summer event kicks off July 14. Mark your calendar!