Riot is about to release TFT patch 12.18, which will be Uncharted Realms’ first significant balance update. The blatantly overpowering Dragonmancer Nunu build is first on the list, but the patch notes mention that everything from rerolling to dragons has been changed.
Riot has been working hard to maintain the balance of TFT Set 7.5, Uncharted Realms, which debuted with patch 12.17.
Some of the problems with Aphelios and Xayah were resolved by a mid-patch update (TFT patch 12.17b), but other comps like Nunu have since appeared.
TFT patch 12.18’s big balancing update will attempt to address some of these issues. Riot, though, isn’t using the nerf gun excessively. Instead, to add some variety, the developers are enhancing underappreciated units and compositions.
View the whole TFT patch 12.18 notes below before its release on September 21.
TFT Patch 12.18 release date
The release of TFT patch 12.18 is anticipated for September 21, 2022, a Wednesday. Depending on the location, servers typically shut down at around 5 am local time and reopen at 8 am.
The patch is released first in Oceania, with announcements often made as the update begins in Australia. Within the following 24 hours, the global rollout starts.
TFT Patch 12.18 preview
The first week of Uncharted Realms was the week of Aphelios and Xayah, but since TFT patch 12.17b, Dragonmancer Nunu has taken over every lobby. You were ready to play the game as soon as you could slam an Emblem onto the Mirage Cavalier troop.
The unit is contested by numerous players in every lobby, and Riot is attempting to weaken it with a double nerf in TFT patch 12.18. There will be a bug patch for Nunu’s damage amplification with Giant Slayer along with a damage reduction and a tweak to the Dragonmancer trait. Karma and other Dragonmancer units will receive buffs as atonement.
In addition to the Nunu and Aphelios modifications, TFT patch 12.18 contains other boosts. Numerous Dragons are receiving buffs after being nerfed a little too severely in the Mid-Set update. This contains both recent additions like Zippy and stalwarts like Shi Oh Yu and Daeja.
Another composition seeing significant alteration is Astral. Due to a nerf that caps the Star Level counter based on duplicate champions, the prize table is being improved. With a quicker cast time (but reduced damage to make up for it), Lux’s ability is receiving a minor buff. Aurelion Sol is also included in the Dragon buffs.
TFT patch 12.18 also includes more adjustments to reroll compositions like Wukong and Sett, increasing comp diversity.
- Inner Flame damage: 210/280/350 ⇒ 210/280/420
- Fury of the Sands health: 225/350/550 ⇒ 225/350/650
- Fury of the Sands damage: 70/100/170 ⇒ 70/100/185
- Knuckle Down AD scaling: 150/155/160% ⇒ 150/155/170%
- Crushing Blow AD scaling: 165/180/195% ⇒ 185/200/230%
- Attack speed: 0.75 ⇒ 0.7
- Armor and magic resist: 40 ⇒ 45
- Icathian Rain damage: 35/55/75 ⇒ 40/60/85
- Light Binding damage: 350/425/575 ⇒ 325/400/525
- Lux’s ability animation is now slightly faster
- Unstable Current heal: 200/220/270 ⇒ 220/250/300
- Mana: 30/80 ⇒ 30/90
- Consume health threshold damage amplification: 33% ⇒ 20%
- Bug fix: Nunu’s amplified bite no longer scales multiplicatively with Giant Slayer’s damage amplification.
- Relentless Storm damage: 110/155/215 ⇒ 125/175/240
- Ultrashock Laser damage: 160/240/420 ⇒ 200/300/475
- Attack damage: 80 ⇒ 85
- Bug fix: Zippy should more reliably attack his spell target.
- Attack damage: 0 ⇒ 20
- Windblast passive damage: 40/60/180 ⇒ 25/40/150
Shi Oh Yu
- Jade Form damage reduction: 15/20/50% ⇒ 20/25/50%
- AD scaling: 230/250/1000% ⇒ 250/275/1000%
- Tideblossom explode damage: 275/375/1500 ⇒ 300/420/1500
- Missing health heal: 11% ⇒ 12%
- Black Hole damage: 325/550/4000 ⇒ 350/575/4000
- Ascended damage increase: 15% ⇒ 20%
- Star Level count for orbs no longer includes duplicate Astral champions
- There are no longer ‘breakpoints’, and the quality of Astral Orbs increases at every star level. This means average orb quality is up across the board. Item components and full items can drop earlier than before.
- Cannonball AD scaling: 150/300/475% ⇒ 150/250/450%
- Base health: 250/600/900/1200 ⇒ 250/600/800/1000
- Base ability power: 18/30/50/75 ⇒ 18/30/50/70
- AP scaling: 75/100/125/150% ⇒ 75/110/145/180%
- Attack speed: 50/100/175/250% ⇒ 50/100/150/250%
- Bonus magic damage: 15/50/115% ⇒ 15/50/100%
- Crown of Champions damage cooldown: 6 seconds ⇒ 5 seconds
- Determined Investor gold granted: 10 ⇒ 15
- Goldmancer’s Staff chance to proc: 33% ⇒ 40%
- Goldmancer’s Staff base AP and mana: 15 ⇒ 20
- Needlessly Big Gem units per gold: 3 ⇒ 2
- Mogul’s Mail base health: 200 ⇒ 350
- Mana reave: 50% ⇒ 65%
- New Augment in Silver tier
- Every two rounds, a random Dragonmancer appears on your bench. Gain a Kai’Sa.
- Buff percentage: 50% ⇒ 66%
- Frontline AD champions will now receive a better selection of items.
- Now always grants full items, even before Level 7
- Removed some weaker options to improve average Augment strength
- Bounce damage reduction: 33% ⇒ 50%
- Crowd control immunity duration: 15 seconds ⇒ 20 seconds
- Armor penetration: 20% ⇒ 10%
Final Whisper (Radiant Last Whisper)
- Armor penetration: 60% ⇒ 50%
- Armor penetration: 60% ⇒ 50%