Riot Games has devised a new major Teamfight Tactics mechanic for Set 9 Runeterra Reforged, which opens Portals to locations containing treasure, items, ability enhancements, and other rewards and loots.
TFT Set 9 will includes 11 Runeterra regions, each with two to four regional Augments. The bulk of the locations provide an early-game advantage, while some assist players during the end and mid-game stages. TFT Set 9’s major mechanic is Region Portals, which will be released with Evergreen and Legend Augments.
TFT Set 9 Portals and Portals Augments mechanics
Players will select one of three Portals from the Carousel at the start of each TFT game. In Set 9, the usual opening Carousel has been replaced by three of the 11 potential Region Portals, as well as a regional Portal Augment for that specific Region Portal.
All player votes are treated equally and are cast by transferring your Little Legend or Chibi Champion to one of the 3 Region Portals. There is, however, a catch: the game selects a random Portal as long as that area gets at least one vote from the eight participants.
When a Region Portal is selected, the Augment holder on the Arena battlefield will display the selected Region Portal. Players may then explore the Portal of their choice for a more detailed explanation.
Here are the 11 Region Portals and 30 Portal Augments available to TFT Set 9: Runeterra Reforged.
- Scuttle Puddle: Every PvE round is replaced by scuttle crabs that give extra loot
- Yuumi’s Zoom Zone: Player combat rounds last 20 seconds instead of 30 before overtime starts
- Bandle Cafeteria: Gain a Spatula on 2-1. At shopping start, units equipped with a Spatula, emblem, or Tactician’s Crown feed a Poro Snax to their closest ally, granting them seven permanent health. Units will feed one Snax per item they have equipped.
- Yordle Pordles: On the first and fifth round of each Stage, get a free high-tier unit. The unit’s tier increases with game time.
- House Lightshield: Gain a powerful Crown of Demacia on 2-1. If the wearer dies, you instantly lose the fight.
- Petricite Forest: All units are 15 percent larger and have 150 bonus health.
- Hearth-Home: On 4-5, gain a consumable Masterwork Upgrade that lets you upgrade one equipped item into its radiant version.
- Ornn’s Forge: Randomly on either 2-5 or 3-5, gain an Ornn Anvil.
- The Dreaming Pool: At the start of each stage, gain a champ that slots into your team.
- God-Willow’s Grove: A spot on your bench becomes the grove. The unit in it contributes their traits as though they were in your army.
- Placidium Library: Gain a consumable on 3-5 that when you place it on a unit opens an Armory with an Emblem of each of their traits.
- Noxkraya: Each time you take an Augment, a random arena Hex appears. Units on an arena Hex gain an item that they can use.
- Immortal Bastion: On 2-1, gain a placeable battle flag that grants 20 percent attack speed and a 10 percent maximum health shield to units that start combat adjacent to it.
- Jayce’s Workshop: All Augments offered during this game will be Prismatic.
- The University: The first Augment round will be a Prismatic Augment.
- Stilwater Hold: No Augments will be offered during this game.
- Thresh’s Sanctum: When any champion perishes, collect their soul. Every 40 souls you collect, gain loot.
- Yorick’s Graveyard: Every time a player perishes, all players open an Armory containing four of the eliminated players’ completed items.
- Warlord’s Palace: The 4-7 NPC round is replaced by an Armory of treasure that can be rerolled infinitely for two gold per reroll.
- Shifting Sands: If you don’t have an Item Remover on your bench at the start of each round, get one.
- Shurima Bazaar: Component carousels have Two Components on them instead of one.
- The Summit: Starting at Stage Two, gain a Lesser Champion Duplicator at the start of each stage. On Stage Five and beyond, gain a Champion Duplicator instead.
- Tagon Prime: When you reach 40 HP, gain a blessing from the Targonian Gods.
- Marus Omegnum: On 2-5 and 4-5, gain a Tactician’s Crown.
- The Lavender Sea: Starting on 2-1, after every carousel and PvE round, a void symbiote infects a new board Hex. The Hex grants 20 percent damage reduction if it’s in the first two rows or 20 percent increased damage if it’s in the back two rows.
- The Rupture: Travel to a random location that is not currently shown.
- The Sump: There is no interest during this game. Instead, starting on 2-1, gain three gold every round.
- Glasc Industries: Every time you build a completed item, gain three gold.
- Ecliptic Vaults: Every time you select an augment, gain four gold per Augment you have.