The first patch of the new year is going to welcome 5 new Yordle champions and a series of significant changes dropping in Wild Rift.
League of Legends: Wild Rift’s first patch of 2021 is here with some exciting updates, including a band of new champions and additional handy features such as the Party Finder, a new latency indicator, and several improvements in gameplay.
Wild Rift is now available in most regions of the world, with the exception of North America, South America and India. Riot has said the game would be released in these regions next spring, but an exact release date has not yet been announced.
Here are the complete Wild Rift Patch 2.0 notes and updates. The balance adjustments for the patch have not been released, but they’ll be announced shortly, according to Riot.
Riot has been teasing the addition of new champions for the last few days. It was confirmed today that five Bandle City champions are coming to Wild Rift.
- This new feature allows players to find suitable allies easily to step into the Summoner’s Rift.
- Party owners can public their lobby by clicking the option in the lobby’s top right corner.
- Players can also enter the open lobby via navigating to the option on the bottom left corner of the home screen.
- It is now possible to filter open lobbies by type. The feature also suggests such lobbies automatically.
- Riot has disabled the latency indicator from the homepage since the ping a player would receive in the game didn’t reflect correctly.
- This has been replaced by a network indicator that shows a player’s network is on (WiFi, 4G, etc.) and ingame indicator displays the actual latency in matches for the player.
- A social sharing feature has been introduced to allow players to share their stats on Facebook or save it to the camera roll.
- Players will be able to use this feature for an end-of-game scoreboard, end-of-game personal performance, career-most-played champion, season rank, win streak, new champ acquired, new skin-acquired, and leaderboard screens.
- Wild Rift’s abridged Summoner’s Rift can now be explored in detail.
- Performance-improving tutorials will now be prompted based on the player’s gameplay. Some tutorial visual and the first champion unlock screen were also updated.
Champion Mastery Emotes
- Players can unlock Champion Mastery Emote by hitting Mastery Level 5 with that champ and use it as any other in-game emote to communicate.
- Sad Robot Amumu
- Urfrider Corki
- Arcade Corki
- Star Guardian Janna
- Star Guardian Jinx
- Arctic Ops Kennen
- Star Guardian Lulu
- Dragon Trainer Lulu
- Star Guardian Lux
- Cottontail Teemo
- Guerilla Tristana
- Arclight Varus
- Little Devil Teemo
- Little Demon Tristana
- Wicked Lulu
- Super Kennen
- Star Guardian Ezreal
Free-to-play Champion Rotation
- January 7 to 13: Barum, Camille, Fizz, Graves, Jhin, Malphite, Orianna, Shyvana, Sona, and Varus.
- January. 14 to 20: Akali, Alistar, Dr. Mundo, Drave, Jarvan IV, Miss Fortune, Soraka, Tryndamere, Xin Zhao, and Zed.
- You can now let your teammates know you heard them by pinging in response
Dragon/ Baron Respawn Timers
- The spawn times for epic monsters (Dragon and Baron Nashor) will be shown on the scoreboard.
- Some minimap UI improvements have also been made.
- Enemy information on the scoreboard will be updated only after players have their vision.
New Emotes Wheel
- You can now navigate the emotes wheel by holding down your champion.
System Message UI
- System messages will not block the view of their own champion from the player.
- Players can now see the results on the stats tabs on the scoreboard in more detail.
- This includes the reduction (in percentage) of damage to armor and magic resistance items and the conversion from haste to cooldown reduction.
- Towers will now prioritize super minions over siege minions.
The first Wild Rift official ranked season starts 8 January 2021! This also means Season 0 will shortly end and players who participated in Season 0 will receive ranked rewards after the season ends. Wild Rift’s first Glorious skin is confirmed to be Glorious Tryndamere, up for grabs for those who make it to Gold as well.
A new event called the Yordle Expedition is coming to Wild Rift with five new champions. Players will be able to find new champions via this event.
- Matchmaking system was tuned to improve the quality of the game and ranked experience.
- The Leaderboard is now updated every 10-15 minutes rather than every 24 hours.
- Chat feature and friends’ list filters have been improved.
- Some UX changes for social interactions have also been made.