Worlds Pass will be introduced to players to celebrate Worlds 2020. Besides rewards similar to other Pass such as doing missions in order to achieve tokens, it will be harder to do but also give out better rewards.
Worlds Pass 2020
“The rumble of calamitous thunder. The whisper of rustling leaves. The crash of an unstoppable force. Magic is everywhere, in everything, and here? There be dragons. Their mighty roars will rage over the Rift, heralds that the gate to Worlds has opened.”
The Pass comes out this year will both introduce to players the brand new Dragonmancer skin line and also to predict all the matches outcome of Worlds 2020. Riot also has a precise description explaining how the Event works.
When is it released?
The Worlds Pass will be released on October 1st, 2020 and you will be able to farm tokens until November 9th, 2020. The Pass will close itself on November 24th, 2020.
How much is it?
There are 2 options to purchase:
- The Worlds Pass: It will give you 200 Worlds 2020 tokens and 4 Worlds 2020 Orbs. The price for this one is 1650 RP (roughly 12$).
- The World Pass Bundle: You will also receive items that we listed above bonus a Dragonmancer Sett Skin with icon and border. This one will cost you an extra 1000 RP, making it 2650 (roughly 19$).
Aside from the traditional tokens earning missions. Players who don’t purchase Worlds Pass can still participate in the greatest competition of League of Legends. These are the activities that they can get involved:
- Pick’em Missions: Lock in your choice of who do you think will win the Group Stage, Quarter-Finals, Semi-Finals, and The Finals. You don’t need to guess right, you only have to guess when they open the pool.
- Watch Missions: Similar to a Twitch Drop reward. You just need to watch those great matches, we are not sure that other servers that are being managed by other publishers such as Garena will be able to do that or not.
- Set 1 Worlds Missions: By completing a set of missions pre-made, you will have a chance to find a few good things in the Hextech Tab. Even though it is free, Riot still gives you a total of 1050 Tokens + Icon + an Orb.
Of course, you will be able to participate in the “Without Pass” Missions:
- Weekly Win Missions: There are 5 weeks and every week comes with a weekly mission. If you win, you get 5 points, if not, you get 2 points. By scoring about 35 points per week, you will earn 1225 in total.
- Milestones: Yes, this is like every other Pass, but this time it is different when Riot instead of having 20 Milestones, it will be 30. A longer but satisfying journey.
Does it worth it?
According to a Reddit post uploaded by u/BeOPtx8, if you want to finish 30 milestones that are extended by Riot in the 40-days given time frame, you will have to play quite hefty to acquire it. Before we can say anything, let’s check out the reasons why:
- The issue of milestones: Imagine you are currently at milestones 16 with 12 points. If you get yourself a Victory, it will be 5 points added to your Worlds Pass. Obviously the Pass will level up and you will be heading to the next milestones. The problem is, all the exceed points will not be counted toward the next one. You will start again at milestones 17 – 0 point. You basically lose 5 points for every 2 milestones.
- With the old 20 milestones system, you will have to play 22.58 games/week in order to achieve 20 milestones. Things are different now, you have to spend 26.25 games/week to assure you receive all rewards.
So after these 2 reasons, we can see that with casual gamers, who can only enjoy about 3 games per day won’t even be able to finish it. It takes you approximately 4 games/day, which is roughly 140 minutes to do so. Players who are pretty busy and only have 1 – 2 hours a day but still want to complete Worlds Pass will be a great challenge for themselves, only Victory without any Defeat may help them.
It is great that Riot decides to boost the rewards, in the end, Pass has not always been a great system. By upgrading it, players might be more attracted to Worlds Pass. The question is, how many of our viewers are able to play that many matches a day? Let us know in the comment down below.