Fans are afraid that Syndra’s mid-scope updates will make her unhealthily powerful in the upcoming patch with her mid-scope updates going live.
Riot Games makes mid-scope upgrades to bring older League of Legends champions up to speed with the more recent ones without having to work on them for months. Syndra is the next champion Riot Games plans to modernize with a mid-scope update to bring her kit up to date while maintaining her theme and concept.
Syndra mid-scope updates and changes
- Base Health: 593 >>> 563
- Syndra collects up to 120 Spliners via damaging enemy champions and gaining levels. Splinters of Wrath enhance Syndra and her abilities
- Syndra Restores 20-215 (based on level 1-18) mana whenever she collects a Splinter from an enemy. She can gain Splinters via:
- Damaging an enemy champion with 2 Abilities within 4 seconds grants (1/2/3 at levels 1, 11 and 18) Splinters (8s CD per target)
- Leveling up grants Syndra 5 SPlinters of Wrath
- Killing a Cannon minion grants 1 Splinters of Wrath
- At 120 Splinters Syndra gains 15% total AP
- Ability icons also change with upgrade
Dark Sphere (Q)
- Cooldown: 4s >>> 7s
- Mana Cost: 40/50/60/70/80 –> 40/45/50/55/60
- Sphere Duration: 6s >>> 6.5s
- 40 Splinters of Wrath: Dark Sphere can store 2 charges (1s CD between casts)
Force of Will (W)
- Sphere Pickup Detection Radius: 400 >>> 450
- Now prevents non-Sphere units from dying for a brief period when picked up
- 60 Splinters of Wrath: Force of Will does an additional 15%(1.5% per 100 AP) true damage
Scatter the Weak (E)
- Magic Damage: 85-265(+60%AP) >>> 75-235(+55%AP)
- Scatter Angle: 34 degrees >>> 56 degrees
- Cooldown: 18-14s >>> 15s
- Stun Duration: 1.5s >>> 1.25s
- Reduced failure chances of close-range E-Q combo
- 80 Splinters of Wrath: Scatter the Weak’s cone is increased (56 deg >>> 84 deg) and also slows enemies by 70% for 1.25s (applied after initial CC)
Unleashed Power (R)
- Grant Dark Sphere (Q) an additional 10/20/30 Ability Haste
- Damage per Sphere: 90/140/190(+20%AP) >>> 90/130/170(+17%AP)
- 100 Splinters of Wrath: Executes champions below 15% max health
However, fans are concerned that this will leave Syndra far too powerful to fight on the Rift, for a variety of related reasons, the most serious of which are mostly her Ultimate:
- With her Ult passive having an execute, new Syndra will scale much better
- Her Ult will still remain a point-and-click ability
There are two kinds of powerful champions in League of Legends. Those you have a technique of playing against, and whether you win or lose depends on your skills, and champions whose abuse you can only tolerate.
The latter is Syndra with her ultimate. It’s a point-and-click ability that can destroy her enemies, with the main drawback being that it’s not powerful enough when scaling to late-game.
With these modifications, her ultimate will be an even worse “outplay button” that you can’t avoid, killing any squishy with a single button click, while the remainder of the changes, according to fans, will remove her strength as an early-game bully.
For now, the modifications still remain unchanged, and the mid-scope updates should arrive alongside Syndra’s new Spirit Blossom skin in Patch 12.19