Because of Valorant has officially launched, I would like to guide you how to install the game as well as how to handle errors, Common Error Code.
Instructions to create an account, download and install Valorant
The installation of Valorant must be surprisingly easy.
- If you already have a Riot account (not League of Legends account of Garena/VED), you can log in to the game’s website https://playvalorant.com to download without any effort.
- If you do not have an account, registration is also very easy: in the upper right corner of the homepage there is a red “Play Now” button, when clicking on it you can select the “I don’t have a Riot Account yet , make one” to create a new account.
Note, if you want to play foreign servers, then when creating an account, you need to change the IP to the corresponding country (for example, the US server is changed to American IP, Southeast Asia then to Singapore IP,…) because Riot server has a mechanism User IP recognition and automatic area identification. If using your own country to registered IP, it may be difficult if you want to play another server.
To create a new account, just follow Riot’s instructions:
- Enter your email in the box and press the arrow button -> to continue.
- Enter the date of birth in the format of day / month / year.
- Choose a username. This will be the name you use to log in to future Riot games, not just Valorant or League of Legends.
- Finally, you only need to enter the password. This password must meet three conditions to be required (“Okay” and upwards ), at least 8 characters long, with both letters and numbers.
Note: if you want to change the game installation location, when you have just opened the installer then you see a big red Install button, right below it is the Advanced Option button that allows you to change the game installation location.
The process of installing the game is very fast because even though the game client is 7.3GB (it will be expand in the future when there are new characters, new guns, new skins are released,…) you only need to download 3.6 GB.
Familiarize yourself with the gameplay
If you have never played Valorant, we will prepare an upcoming article on the basics to know in the gameplay like how to buy skills or use ultimate, how to set the bombs and how long the bomb explodes,… Stay tuned! If you intend to “go pro” into a professional player, take a look at the information about the rating mode called Valorant’s Rated.
Be careful with Anti-cheat
You probably know that during beta testing, the thing that made Riot reproached the most was Vanguard anti-cheat software. By running at the highest privilege level, Vanguard is capable of blocking quite a lot of other software including Windows mouse-mouse driver, CPU-Z driver. In most cases, these drivers have security problems or have been used by crooks to “hack” and cheat into games, but there are also cases of mistakes such as blocking LED driver software. (only reasonable if the LED increases the fighting power of gamers), the software to adjust the fan speed …
In the most serious cases, Vanguard can prevent gamers from playing other games available on the device or affect the frame rate. If you encounter this, what you need to do is remove Vanguard from your device in two simple steps:
- Open Windows Add / Remove Program. You can do this by entering its name in the search box from the Start menu.
- Find Vanguard (not Valorant) and remove it.
Some common bugs and errors with Valorant and Vanguard
Error Code 44: Vanguard not initialized
This is an error that for some reason Vanguard cannot start. There are a few measures you can try:
- Exit the game and reopen it. This gives Vanguard a chance to correct the mistake before you “execute” it with the second method.
- Remove Vanguard by following the two steps have mentioned above, re-enabling the Valorant client to download a new Vanguard. Restart the PC.
If both of the above measures are invalid, it’s time to ask Riot. Go to the Riot Support page and select the “Submit a ticket” button at the bottom of the page. I hope this will help you get rid of Error Code 43: Vanguard not initialized.
Mouse, keys do not run when turning on the device
This error occurred because Vanguard blocked a driver named Interception of PC. Riot has released a hotfix to fix Vanguard blocking the driver indiscriminately, but most likely your computer is still having problems for some reason. To restore the function of the mouse and keys, you need to turn on the device in Safe Mode with Networking (The procedure differs depending on the motherboard manufacturer).
However, a gamer on Reddit has posted a bug fix posted by the FaceIT team.
After booting the device in Safe Mode with Networking, download the Interception 1.0.1.
- Extract this file to a specific location on your computer, such as C: \ Temp\Interception.
- Open a command prompt on the pc: go to the Start menu, type cmd in the search box. Select “run as administrator”
- Enter the code: cd “the path to where you extracted it” (without the quotes), for example, cd C: \ Temp \ Interception.
- Enter the code: cd install-interception.exe/uninstall
After performing the above steps to remove the Interception, you just need to restart the device and Vanguard, Valorant and mouse, keyboard will work normally.
Stuck in the loading screen
If you’re stuck on the loading screen, there’s currently no workaround besides waiting for Riot to fix it, but there are ways to help you overcome this problem temporarily:
- Check your internet connection again. Valorant will be stuck at loading permanently if you lose connection while loading.
- Reinstall the game.
- Open the game by right-clicking on the game, selecting “run as administrator”.
- Delete the manifest.txt file in the game installation directory.
Some other error codes
Error Code 4: Occurs when your display name does not match. You can change it by enter Riot Games homepage.
Error Code 5: Someone else logged in to your account.
Error Code 7: Unable to connect to the server. Your account may have been locked out for some reason or technical issue.
Error Code 8-21: Riot client error. Try turning off – reopen the client to fix it.
Error Code 29: Network error. If the firewall is turned on, try to turn it off and reconnect.
Error Code 29: Could not get player account information. Try restarting the Riot client.
Error Code 31: Error caused by the Riot client is turned off. Try restarting the Riot client.
Error Code 43: Timeout error. Try restarting the Riot client.
Error Code 45: Vanguard needs to be restarted. Try restarting the Riot client. If the problem persists, uninstall Vanguard and reinstall it as the Guide above.
Error Code 46: Server maintenance.
Error Code 49: Server chat error. Try restarting the Riot client.
Error Code 50: Error with voice chat. Try restarting the Riot client.
Error Code 51: Error with the party creation system. Try restarting the Riot client.
Error Code 52: Error retrieving skill information. Try restarting the Riot client.
Error Code 53: Error with the chat server. Try restarting the Riot client.
Error Code 54: Error due to Valorant not getting gamer’s account information. Try restarting the Riot client.
Hopefully the information in this article has helped you create an account, set up and log in to Valorant. See you again in the next article of the Game of Valorant!