Riot announced the new Neeko Rework in the recent 2023 PBE patch
This season has seen a slew of significant changes in League of Legends. The preseason included a variety of mini-reworks, including the Jax rework, which has been popular since its debut. There was also the dominant new Aurelion Sol and the contentious Yuumi one.
This leads us to the forthcoming Neeko Mini-rework. We know a little bit about her new passive, since she would be able to transform into a variety of things on the map. The updated mini-rework has been posted to the PBE, confirming this. Here are all of the specifics about the impending mini-rework.
League of Legends Neeko Mini-rework
Passive – Inherent Glamour
- [New]: When Neeko is near a non-epic monster, minion, trap, ward, or plan for two seconds, she stores their Sho’ma. Neeko can click on her bar to become that unit. Clicking on Neeko’s face with return her back to normal. A little “x” will be there to clear the bar to allow another disguise to fill up the bar. Only one unit can be stored at a time.
- [New]: Disguise no longer breaks on taking damage. Only breaks when the disguised self dies or when Neeko is crowd controlled.
- [Adjusted]: Neeko no longer gets more Attack Speed or Movement Speed from disguised target if their stats are higher than hers.
- Cooldown is fixed to 6 seconds.
Q – Blooming Burst
- Secondary/Tertiary Pop Damage: 40/65/90/115/140 + 20% AP >>> 35/60/85/110/135 + 25% AP.
- [New]: Explosions now deal 30/40/50/60/70 bonus damage to monsters.
W – Shapesplitter
- After casting, Neeko can reactivate to send the clone to a new location.
- Clone now plays animations and sounds from abilites, Joke, Taunt, Recall, Laugh, and survives until that duration.
- [New]: Empowered Attack deal 50 bonus damage to monsters.
E – Tangle Barbs
- Damage: 80/115/150/185/220 + 60% AP >>> 70/105/140/175/210 + 65% AP.
R – Pop Blossom
- After channel, Neeko jumps into the air, suspending all nearby enemies.
- After 0.6 seconds, Neeko crashes down to the ground with all the suspended enemies, dealing damage and stunning them for 1.25 seconds.
- No longer shields
- Damage: 200/425/650 (+130% AP) >>> 150/350/550 (+100% AP).
- Cooldown: 90 seconds >>> 120/105/90 seconds.
Neeko passive sees the most changes out of all. It has been expanded to encompass any non-epic creatures, plants, minions, and so on. The disguise is also strengthened because it only dissolves when she is attacked by an immobilizing ability or casts a damage spell. Based on the ability tooltips displayed, she can channel her Ultimate Pop Blossom via her disguise.
For her Q, except for a few damage values, the ability stays basically unchanged. Monsters now take more damage. Furthermore, depending on AP scaling and lower base damage numbers, the secondary and tertiary bursts do greater damage.
Her W clone may now be directed to go to a certain point or replicate interactions. Additionally, Empowered attacks do additional damage to enemies.
The ultimate now accomplishes a lot more since it has better crowd control. Her R can also be used during a disguise. Along with the stun, there is now a knock-up. However, the cooldown has been raised while the damage has been reduced.
The mini-rework will be available in Patch 13.9 on May 3, 2023.