The Summoner’s Rift map was last changed in appearance by Riot Games in 2014, so far, nearly 6 years have passed and this traditional map, no matter how familiar with the player, we ever feel like it’s pretty old? So what if Riot Games edited this map again?
To partially answer the question, a youtube named Wayne S personally implemented a small project within 3 weeks. That is to turn the current Summoner’s Rift map into a … realistic version possible.
Through a lot of complicated and highly specialized work, Wayne S has helped Summoner’s Rift real version have much more depth and vividness.
From the grass to the green groves on extremely realistic and detailed terrains, in addition to the effect of the sun, making the whole map more realistic thanks to the difference between shaded places and places where the sun’s rays come.
Wayne S’s project was very successful when it attracted a lot of attention from the community, he received a lot of praise and admiration from the viewers. However, to apply a map like this to League of Legends, the price to pay is the player’s experience, because:
- Waiting time to load the game will become longer => now many players have to suffer the same feeling with the players who are somewhere in the jungle or on the mountain.
- The champion’s size will no longer fit the map => Riot Games will be very time-consuming and labor-intensive to change the champion’s size and model => prone to errors.
- The more realistic the map, the smaller the details will be. => Disturbing the player.
- The configuration to be able to play the new map will be higher and may lose some current players of League of Legends
However, we would like to give some opinions if Riot Games wants to create this map and add it to League of Legends.
- First opinion: Riot Games should create two Summoner’s Rift maps in League of Legends and players can freely choose between these two types of map, if you want to play the old map then you can choose it. . If you want to play a new map, you can choose a new map and the two maps are completely unrelated to each other, but if you climb the ranking, it will still be counted together.
- Second opinion: Riot Games should create League of Legends version 2 and will completely refresh the features of League of Legends accordingly and this version can be synchronized with the first version of League of Legends and there will be more maps and game modes with a nice map and more details than the first version
Should Riot Games add this map to League of Legends or create League of Legends 2 version?