As TFT dev Riot Mortdog mentioned on August 25, new items are being introduced into Set 9.5 with the intention of making them as strong as they previously were. Some have already been displayed, but now we have the entire list.
When discussing how items would be altered for the TFT mid-set update, developer Tim “Riot Truexy” Jiang mentioned support item like Zephyrs and Shroud. They were beneficial for late-game, but their use in the early game was nearly 0 in TFT, resulting in less components for such items being picked.
Items comparable to those two are now known as support items, and they will no longer be craftable, but will instead be obtained via Augments.
Now that such items are no longer craftable, TFT set 9.5 will bring significant changes to the item system. While there is no major revamp, there are many more modifications than we’ve seen in a long time for TFT. Mortdog provided a detailed breakdown of the changes on Twitter, but here’s a brief summary.
TFT Set 9.5: Item changes
- Recipe: Tear of the Goddess + Negatron Cloak
- Mana: 15
- Magic Resist: 30
- Combat Start: Unit gets buffs depending on where they start. If they are in the front two rows, they gain 15 Ability Power and 25 Armor and Magic Resist. If they are in the back two rows, they gain 15 Ability Power and 15 Mana every three seconds.
- Recipe: Recurve Bow and Giant’s Belt
- Ability Power: 30
- Attack Speed: 10 percent extra
- Health: 150
- After casting a spell, gain 40 percent Attack Speed for five seconds.
- Recipe: Negatron Cloak and Giant’s Belt
- Health: 150
- Magic Resist: 20
- 50 percent Sunder (armor reduction) enemies with two hexes.
- For the first 10 seconds of combat, gain 25 Armor and Magic Resist.
- Recipe: Needlessly Large Rod and Chain Vest
- Ability Power: 15
- Armor: 30
- Combat Start: Gain a shield equal to 35 percent of the unit’s maximum health for eight seconds. When this shield breaks or expires, gain 40 Ability Power.
- Recipe: BF Sword and Giant’s Belt
- Health: 300
- Attack Damage: 20 percent extra
- Once per combat at 50% health, increase max health by 25 percent and gain 30 percent extra attack damage for the rest of combat.
- Recipe: Sparring Gloves and Chain Vest
- Ability Power: 25
- Armor: 25
- Critical Chance: 20 percent extra
- Deal 15 percent bonus damage, increased by 15 percent when below 60 percent maximum health.
If you couldn’t tell from the recipes, all of the above are crafting recipes that replace the preceding items. Those are currently classified as uncraftable Support items. Furthermore, each of these new items has a Radiant variant that players will have to wait for when the update arrives on September 12.