While Dr. Mundo was recently reworked, he is not performing to the quality that the champion’s mains expected
Dr Mundo’s transformation certainly altered the Zaunite nightmare at first, but the champion has wandered on the Rift for so long without any impact, so Riot wants to change him again, turning him into a late-game monster with significant buffs.
Riot Twin Enso, a League of Legends champion designer, teased about the potential of Dr. Mundo having his kit modified a while back ago, and now, after all the testing, we have what should be the final modifications coming to Dr. Mundo.
New Dr. Mundo changes
Passive – Goes Where He Pleases
- Lose 7% Current Health, gain 8% Max Health –> Lose 3% current Health, gain 4% Max Health
- Max Health Regen: 0.8%1.6% Max Health per 5 seconds(linear progression) –> 0.5%-2.25% (non-linear progression, equal at around level 11)
W – Heart Zapper
- Always receive half of your Gray health regardless of the enemy hit
E – Blunt Force Trauma
- Bonus AD: 15/20/25/30/35 + 25/30/35/40/45 based on missing health –> 4% max health
- Removed – Instantly kills small jungle monsters
- Monster Damage: 200% –> 250%
R – Maximum Dosage
- Removed – Bonus AD
- Missing health as Max Health: 8%/11.5%/15% –> 15%/20%/25%
The main purpose of these modifications is to help Mundo get a more stable win rate. In addition, it also caused him to deviate more towards the end of the game. The adjustments are being tested this month and will be next month at the latest.
As such, the changes will be unlikely to appear at Worlds 2022 and will most likely be launched in the 2023 Preseason.