Riot Games revealed the new TFT units and classes, as well as other minor informationregarding the upcoming Set 9.5 release, in a Twitter hype-up post on August 22.
TFT’s Set 9.5, Runeterra Reforged: Horizonbound, will include a new Vanquisher class, two four-cost carries, Xayah and Nilah, a new four-cost Noxus Slayer, Mordekasier, a new four-cost Demacia, Fiora, and finally, Silco, the new 4-cost Zaun, is returning to TFT.
New TFT 4-cost units: Xayah, Nilah, Mordekaiser, Fiora, Silco
- Shred your foes’ armor with razor-sharp feathers. Xayah has a new class, Vanquisher, which increases critical strike chance against tankier enemies.
- Nilah’s attack strike in an AoE. She dives the enemy donning a shield, and gaining attack speed.
- Noxus + Slayer
- Mordekaiser hits slow, but hard. The hits get harder as he slays foes.
- Demacia + Challenger
- Waltz through battle with Fiora, a Challenger who strikes her enemies while untargetable and heals for a portion of the damage dealt.
- Silco slings Shimmer at a foe, damaging them and enemies nearby. Allies in the contamination zone are healed.
Riot hopes that Xayah, Nilah, and Fiora will become three new meta carriers by joining TFT as four-cost champions.
Both Xayah and Nilah will also be members of the new Vanquisher class, which means they will have a higher critical strike chance against tanky units. This new class, particularly Xayah, will be excellent versus tank compositions such as Bastion or Bruiser.
Fiora will be the member of Demacia and Challenger. Her ability grants her untargetable while performing attacks, on top of that, it also heals her. This, combine with the perfect items, might make her into an insane carry.
Mordekaiser will join the Noxus side, which means he’ll be another lategame tank to worry about because he increases HP, AP, and AD dependent on the amount of opponents killed or conquered.
And finally, Silco, the new 4-cost Zaun. His ability is pretty straightforward, throwing Shimmer at an area, healing allies and dealing damage to enemies. We don’t know his other traits, but considering his ability, he might be an Invoker, or maybe even a Multicaster.